[rt-users] editing tickets (comments and replies) - I know theanswer, but dont understand why...

Adrian Carter cartera at lei.net.au
Tue Jan 3 10:54:39 EST 2006

First sentence didn't make sense.

I meant create new status "Dead", then rename the bodged "dead" back to
its original "Deleted". Then do the clean up then do the shred.
-

The other solution is to introduce a new Status called 'dead' and rename
'deleted' to dead, and then that at least fixes the problem moving
forward -> dead is a synonym for resolved or deleted or whatever and
deleted means that : deleted.

You could bulk update old project files and mark them under the newly
defined status and then run Shredder on the deleted tickets - voila -
problem solved without complex search funxtions

--
Adrian Carter
Technical Manager

Web	  http://www.lei.net.au http://support.lei.net.au
Direct    +61 2 6163 6162  Support 1 300 662 415
E-mail    cartera at lei.net.au