[rt-users] BUG: MySQL dump of database now attachments dont display

Jérôme Fenal jfenal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 12:46:42 EST 2006

2005/12/20, George Barnett <george at alink.co.za>:
> George Barnett wrote:
> > Is there any magic I need to do to dump/restore?
> >
> > I'm missing all the images - they're broken now.
>
> For the Google cache (and anybody else backing up by mysqldump):
>
> When doing a standard MySQL mysqldump (mysqldump -u -p rt3), the
> Attachments table will be broken when reimported.  This will result in
> broken or corrupted binary files, such as jpeg, tiff, etc.
>
> Apparently, the change was made back in RT 2 from LONGBLOB to LONGTEXT
> for case insensitive searching.

I have switched it back to LONGBLOB (MySQL 4.1, UTF-8 default encoding
for the RT database), as it was the only (quick) solution to make it
work again.

I have lost in the process all accents and past binary attachments,
but now new attachments _are_ readable right after being attached.

Regards,

J.
--
Jérôme Fenal - jfenal AT gmail.com - http://fenal.org/