[rt-users] Problem with update dept from ldap action in RT Essentials

Mike Patterson mikep at uclink.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 5 13:02:39 EST 2006

Jim,

Thanks for the leading me in the right direction.  I suppose that would
be obvious if I was much of a perl programmer.
After that I was on to the next bit of debugging (a couple more changes)
and now it's working!  :-)

On my ldap server we call "email" "mail"
filter => "(mail=$email)",
#filter => "(mail=$email)",

I was getting this message:
[Thu Jan  5 17:39:48 2006] [error]: Scrip 154 Commit failed:
RT::CustomField::LoadByName Unimplemented in RT::Action::UserDefined.
((eval 2322) line 17)

So I looked at the API docs
(http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?perldoc) and I couldn't find
LoadByName on my version of RT (3.2.2).  So I used LoadByNameAndQueue
(Queue 0 is a what you choose if it's a "global queue" which is what I'm
using).

$cf->LoadByNameAndQueue( Name => 'Department', Queue => '0');
#$cf->LoadByName( Name => 'Department' );

Does anyone know if there is an errata page for RT Essentials?

The next thing I need to do figure out how is how to do this when the
requestor changes (because people often submit for other people and then
change the requestor later) and also search mailAlternateAddresses in
ldap for those darn people that one email alias isn't enough for.

Thanks,
Mike

--
Mike Patterson