[rt-users] Calendar Widget?

Duncan Shannon dshannon at techfluent.com
Thu Jan 5 22:42:47 EST 2006

Wow. That is fantastic. I cant wait to try it.

I think I follow your email... let me ask a question or two (ill add a
page to the wiki based on this when im said and done)

1. Download JSCalendar v 1.0, and place it in share/html/NoAuth
2. Add appropriate javascript and CSS links to
local/html/Elements/Header
(What are appropriate files/links?  Im not sure I understand the scope
of what this means. Does it that mean add the full "Example" html to
each page/template you want the JS Calendar to show up on?  Do you have
a list of templates that you might expect one to place them on for docu
purposes?)

3. Create Elements/SelectDate and use the supplied code.

4. I really didn't follow the last step.  "Then whenever the
'SelectDate' component is called, add the appropriate 'Name' and 'ID'
arguments. Something like this (from '/Ticket/Create.html').
----------------
<& /Elements/SelectDate, Name => 'Due', ID =>'Due', current => 0,
Default => $ARGS{Due} &> </TD>
---------------
Can you explain that more? What is SelectDate component and what does
adding the Name and ID args?  Where will it be appropriate to add them?

Lastly, just to be certain, this is the calendar you are talking about
right? (http://www.dynarch.com/projects/calendar/)

Sorry about the questions, I think its *REALLY* cool you added the
calendar. I'd like to use the dates, but users really seem to stumble on
them.

Again, if you will work work with me on getting this setup, ill create a
how-to on the wiki.

duncan