[rt-users] CustomFields: What *is* the correct use of Ticket Transactions types ?

Adrian Carter cartera at lei.net.au
Sun Jan 8 00:51:29 EST 2006

Hey all,
    I'm in the process of doing a batch of new customisations to RT, the
first real lot since I moved to RT 3.5.X .

    I want custom fields for certain queues such as "Customer Service
Number:" and things for this particular ticket. Now I'm about to create
them as CustomFields for Tickets , but that "Ticket Transactions" keeps
bugging me: What does it do, and would it better suit some of my fields?.

    I do have instances where I want to record some additional custom
info, possibly for later retrieval and display within the ticket or a
form, but not neccesaruly all the time on the ticket display... is this
what "Ticket Transaction" offers me ??

    Thanks guys

Adrian

--
Adrian Carter
Technical Manager

Web	  http://www.lei.net.au http://support.lei.net.au
Direct    +61 2 6163 6162  Support 1 300 662 415
E-mail    cartera at lei.net.au