[rt-users] Oracle sequences in Tickets table being skipped

Nathan, Ahalya Ahalya_Nathan at mudnebr.com
Mon Jan 9 12:52:49 EST 2006

Hi all,
We are using RT 3.4.4, fastcgi and Oracle in our production environment.
The problem that we are facing right now is that ticket creation is
created in skipped sequences. I checked up the TICKETS.SEQUENCE script
and found that there is a cache option=20 being provided. I did check up
on the internet and found this website:
http://www.arikaplan.com/oracle/ari82599.html , which says that :
Applications which use Oracle sequences which have the CACHE option
enabled will often 'skip' values.

DROP SEQUENCE RT.TICKETS_SEQ;

CREATE SEQUENCE RT.TICKETS_SEQ
  START WITH 6051
  MAXVALUE 999999999999999999999999999
  MINVALUE 1
  NOCYCLE
  CACHE 20
  NOORDER;

Did anyone have this problem of skipping oracle sequences? If yes, how
did you solve it? It would be really helpful if some one could give me
tips how to go about this.

Thanks,
Ahalya Nathan
Senior Programmer / Analyst
Information Technology, Metropolitan Utilities District
(402) 504-7180 phone
(402) 504-5180 fax