[rt-users] Oracle sequences in Tickets table being skipped

Nathan, Ahalya Ahalya_Nathan at mudnebr.com
Mon Jan 9 13:20:38 EST 2006

This hasn't caused a problem so far, because we are not missing any
tickets. When many tickets were created and some go out of sequence,
users got a little confused as to why the creation of tickets was not
happening in sequence. I was wondering if there is any impact if I have
the NOCACHE option for the Ticket Sequences in RT. I couldn't understand
why this is happening now because we had RT3.4.1(before we changed to RT
3.4.4) with the same Oracle database and then the tickets were always
created in sequence.

Ahalya Nathan
Senior Programmer / Analyst
Information Technology, Metropolitan Utilities District
(402) 504-7180 phone
(402) 504-5180 fax