[rt-users] Can't open tickets via email

Michael J. Hartwick hartwick at hartwick.com
Wed Jan 11 23:08:22 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have just installed RT 3.4.4 and am having trouble getting tickets
into the system via email. It works fine sending email, and tickets
created on the web. I am using fetchmail version 6.2.0 to pickup the
email from the server (once I decide if the software will work for me
I will look at changing that). I didn't find anything in the list
archives, but I haven't read every message in them.

While running fetchmail with the -v switch and rt-mailgate with
--debug I get:

#********Bareword found where operator expected at - line 2, near "by"
         (Missing semicolon on previous line?)
Array found where operator expected at - line 3, at end of line
Bareword found where operator expected at - line 3, near "12 Jan"
         (Missing operator before Jan?)
Number found where operator expected at - line 3, near "Jan 2006"
         (Do you need to predeclare Jan?)
Number found where operator expected at - line 3, near "2006 00"
         (Missing operator before  00?)
Semicolon seems to be missing at - line 3.
Number found where operator expected at - line 5, near "v1.31 1998"
Bareword found where operator expected at - line 5, near ") Wed"
         (Missing operator before Wed?)
Number found where operator expected at - line 5, near "11 22"
         (Missing operator before  22?)
Number found where operator expected at - line 5, near "43 2006"
         (Missing operator before  2006?)
Semicolon seems to be missing at - line 5.
Array found where operator expected at - line 6, at end of line
         (Missing operator before ?)
Number found where operator expected at - line 6, near "Jan 11"
         (Do you need to predeclare Jan?)
Number found where operator expected at - line 6, near "11 22"
         (Missing operator before  22?)
Number found where operator expected at - line 6, near "48 2006"
         (Missing operator before  2006?)
Semicolon seems to be missing at - line 6.
Semicolon seems to be missing at - line 7.
Array found where operator expected at - line 8, at end of line
         (Missing operator before ?)
Array found where operator expected at - line 9, at end of line
         (Missing operator before ?)
Bareword found where operator expected at - line 11, near ")
         by"
         (Missing operator before by?)
Bareword found where operator expected at - line 11, near ") with"
         (Missing operator before with?)
Bareword found where operator expected at - line 12, near "11 Jan"
         (Missing operator before Jan?)
Number found where operator expected at - line 12, near "Jan 2006"
         (Do you need to predeclare Jan?)
Number found where operator expected at - line 12, near "2006 22"
         (Missing operator before  22?)
Semicolon seems to be missing at - line 12.
Bareword found where operator expected at - line 13, near ") by"
         (Missing operator before by?)
Bareword found where operator expected at - line 13, near ") with"
         (Missing operator before with?)
Bareword found where operator expected at - line 14, near "11 Jan"
         (Missing operator before Jan?)
Number found where operator expected at - line 14, near "Jan 2006"
         (Do you need to predeclare Jan?)
Number found where operator expected at - line 14, near "2006 22"
         (Missing operator before  22?)

That is only a subset of the stuff I am getting, but the rest of the
lines are similar.

The .fetchamilrc file I am using is as follows.

# .fetchmailrc
poll mail.hartwick.com proto pop3:
username support password ****** mda "/usr/bin/perl \
/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --url http://support.hartwick.com/ \
--queue general --action correspond --debug"

I am sure that it is something stupid, but I don't know perl well
enough to try to figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

Michael J. Hartwick, VE3SLQ                      hartwick at hartwick.com
Hartwick Communications Consulting                      (519) 396-7719
Kincardine, ON, CA                             http://www.hartwick.com