[rt-users] WebFallbackToInternalAuth and Apache!

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Thu Jan 12 09:14:43 EST 2006

Hello!

I set up our RT3.4.4 to use WexExternalAuth and
WebFallbackToInternalAuth

The apache2 utilizes mod_auth_pam and is configured
with the following lines:

<Location /rt/>
 DirectoryIndex index.html
 AuthType Basic
 AuthName "Restricted Resources"
 Require valid-user
</Location>

The result is that apache ask for my login, and after a successful
login i'm in the rt. but if i use a login which is

* not known by apache-auth/pam
i don't get to the rt login page. instead apache prevent the
access

* has no rt account
i get the rt login page again (what i expected) but
after login with a "rt-user" i have to login each time
again when i press a link in the rt.

so could i configure this any way "smarter". I would like a
fallback if the apache-auth fails in any way.

regards!