[rt-users] Advice for spam filtering

Pete Phillips pete at smtl.co.uk
Sun Jan 15 17:28:53 EST 2006

Hi

I run postfix on a black-box mailserver (i.e., no user login accounts,
just postfix/imap accounts). All mail is filtered by spamassassin.

I have a public email address for enquiries to our lab which goes into
an RT queue. Because it's public, it gets spammed. :-)

I'm looking for a method whereby I can redirect mails coming into the RT
queues which have been tagged by SA as spam either to a specific RT
queue or to an imap mailbox.

I'd prefer a solution which doesn't require a user account or procmail
(because I assume, perhaps wrongly, that you need a login account to run
procmail).

Advice and help appreciated. Deleting up to 50 spam emails after being
blitzed  on the RT queue is no longer fun :-(

I have the RT book on order (should come by end of week), so feel free
to point me at that if it has some solutions.

Many thanks,
Pete Phillips
Surgical Materials Testing Lab.