[rt-users] Need Help Thank you !

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 17:02:38 EST 2006

On 1/17/06, sc2 at gmx.at <sc2 at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hello
> a.) Thx for your help!
> b.) MailCommand = "sendmail" (i use sendmail)
> c.) Arguments are "-oi"
> i think too it has something to do with sendmail / give the content data to
> the mailer but i dont know where is the failure / why its so slow.
You could try several variants:
1)
$MailCommand = "sendmailpipe"
$Arguments = "-oi -t"
$SendmailPath = '/path/to/sendmail'
2)
$MailCommand = 'sendmailpipe'
$Arguments = '-oi -t -ODeliveryMode=b'
$SendmailPath = '/path/to/sendmail'

Check how to set DeliveryMode option for your sendmail version in `man sendmail`
There is several delivery modes: i(nteractive), b(ackground), q(ueue),
d(efer). They are listed in order from slowest to fastest, but note
that last two modes put mail into queue and you should configure how
often your sendmail scans queue (not RT queue, but sendmail queue) and
sends queued mails. Anyway mails queuing is good for RT performance,
this will make RT WebUI more interactive on actions with
notifications. When you set faster deliver modes  sendmail does less
error checks and return control to the caller asap and don't hold RT
from processing you requests futher.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.