[rt-users] Dealing with autocompletion failures in msg compose by remote users

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Tue Jan 17 17:26:59 EST 2006

Stephen Dowdy wrote:
> Anyone have any process of dealing with this neatly?  I suppose i could modify RT to not put out the "Nice" From format.  I suppose that RT could also reject any messages that come in in that form that are NOT a current ticket thread.

There are two config options you could twiddle to fix your problem.
 From etc/RT_Config.pm:

# By default, RT sets the outgoing mail's "From:" header to
# "SenderName via RT".  Setting this option to 0 disables it.

Set($UseFriendlyFromLine , 1);

# sprintf() format of the friendly 'From:' header; its arguments
# are SenderName and SenderEmailAddress.
Set($FriendlyFromLineFormat , "\"%s via RT\" <%s>");

You could either disable the friendly From: completely with the first
option, or change the format of it with the second.  To get your "RT:
Joe Blow" example, you would set $FriendlyFromLineFormat like so:

Set($FriendlyFromLineFormat , "\"RT: %s\" <%s>");

Hope that helps,
Tom