[rt-users] Google search capabilities

Goddard Lee lee.goddard at easa.eu.int
Wed Jan 18 03:51:21 EST 2006

> Is it possible to add the Google search capabilities to the
> RT tickets database?

As I understand, you can have Google search any public URI, but RT
doesn't AFAIK create static pages.

Perhaps somebody with more knowledge of RT internals than I can tell you
how to have Mason create and maintain static versions of ticket-pages
(or whatever you wish Google to search). In mod_perl, I'd use the
clean-up handler so the work is done after the request is served, and so
doesn't slow down the actual servicing of the request. It would,
however, naturally slow down your server in general.

I presume you have a Google appliance? If not, how often will Google
spider your pages? Not very often, I imagine.

Lee