[rt-users] Migration strategy for RT 2.x --> 3.4.5 upgrade

Jason Hane HaneJ at gsicommerce.com
Wed Jan 18 16:03:42 EST 2006

I've done an upgrade of RT 2.0.something to 3.4.2 with no problems.  I
tested it repeatedly on another machine until I got it right.  I took a
dump of the old RT database over the weekend because we have thousands
of tickets.  When I got in on Monday I did a snapshot of everything
since the last full dump, took a 30 minute outage to migrate to the new
server and I was back up with no issues.  The trick is to follow the
directions exactly and do it a few times on your test machine (from
fresh install to final migration) with no problems.  You'll be fine.
Piece of cake.

Jason