FW: [rt-users] Oracle XE DB initialize error.

Michael Methe mmethe at ci.keene.nh.us
Fri Jan 20 15:34:01 EST 2006

Making progress on this end with the oracle configuration.  When I run
'make initialize-database' I get: [root at fc3-ora rt-3.4.5]# make
initialize-database /usr/bin/perl //usr/local/rt/sbin/rt-setup-database
--action init --dba system --prompt-for-dba-password In order to create
or update your RT database,this script needs to connect to your Oracle
instance on localhost as system. Please specify that user's database
password below. If the user has no database password, just press return.

Password:
Can't connect to data source rt, no database driver specified and
DBI_DSN env var not set at //usr/local/rt/sbin/rt-setup-database line
102
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 255

What does this mean?

I can 'tnsping XE' just fine..

Thanks

-Mike M