[rt-users] Feature Request: Split Ticket

Rick Russell rickr at rice.edu
Sun Jan 22 00:18:10 EST 2006

Goddard Lee wrote:
> Anyway, is this something others find?

On the one hand, I can think of times when it would be useful to split or
"clone" the current ticket. On the other hand, I'm not sure how you would
decide what information to carry over into the second ticket. You would need
a whole new user interface to help you decide -- like a Jumbo page, but with
checkboxes indicating which fields to carry over.

Without such a user interface, you'll end up deleting/modifying entries in
the split ticket so much that it would be easier to make a new blank ticket
in the first place and fill it in.

--
For computer help, call xHELP (x4357 or 713-348-4357)
On the web: http://helpdesk.rice.edu/