[rt-users] Feature Request: Split Ticket

Goddard Lee lee.goddard at easa.eu.int
Mon Jan 23 03:38:38 EST 2006

> From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
> [mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf
> Of Rick Russell
>
> Goddard Lee wrote:
> > Anyway, is this something others find?
>
> On the one hand, I can think of times when it would be useful
> to split or "clone" the current ticket. On the other hand,
> I'm not sure how you would decide what information to carry
> over into the second ticket. ...

Example: I get a ticket requesting "Can users log in to the wiki and RT
using LDAP?"
I usually have to add two dependencies there. I'd like to see a 'SPLIT'
button on this ticket's page, which when clicked would reveal by
DOM-Magic (TM) a further textarea element, containing the same text as
the first textarea element did when the page was loaded. At the same
time, the split button would be replaced with MORE and FEWER buttons, to
add/remove these, rather like the Advanced Search in Thunderbird.

Submitting the form would create as many tickets as there are text
areas; they'd all be created with the same properties.

I would like an option to chain dependencies sequentially, or to link
dependencies all to the original ticket.

I do still think the original ticket needs to be kept, so the request
can be answered in the user-expected form.

lee