[rt-users] integrate rt with monitor system

Ryan Fox rfox at findlay.edu
Mon Jan 23 08:35:56 EST 2006

Marco Avvisano wrote:
> i'm tryng to integrate RT with my hobbit monitor system, so that when
> an mail-allarm is generated form my monitor system,
> automatically a ticket is open on  RT.
> My question is, it's possible to configure RT so that if incoming more
> equal emails from my monitor system is open only 1 ticket?
> How include the variable "time extimated to work" in open mail ticket?

I just integrated our Nagios monitoring system with RT, using
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?AutoCloseOnNagiosRecoveryMessages
as a base.  I am also using ExtractCustomFieldValues (
http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~pape/rt3/ExtractCustomFieldValues.tgz ) to
populate a ticket custom field based on the hostname Nagios is
complaining about.  Since hobbit can generate e-mails, I imagine the
integration will be quite similar.

Ryan