[rt-users] Upgrade from 3.0.11 to 3.4.4, owner query time out

Andre Sachs asachs at clue.co.za
Mon Jan 23 10:20:06 EST 2006

On 23 Jan 2006, at 4:14 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> Well, the problem you've described is exactly the problem we've fixed.
> I'm not sure it'll deliver the result you require either. It is,
> however, the first step you should be taking if you're looking for
> help
> from me  or anyone else on the mailinglist.

Apologies, I did not mean to offend.

The upgrade to 3.4.5 improved the situation, the owner query now
returns results on the Query Builder page.
It is however still taking some time to complete the query - 108
seconds with a cost that looks like :

Unique  (cost=26792.76..26794.16 rows=16 width=2692)

To the meat of the question - at install time I setup RT to allow
Everyone "Create Ticket" and "Reply To Ticket". Needless to say this
was a mistake :)
The result is that RT has created lots of possible ticket owners.

I am unclear on how Users relate ACLs and ACLs to Tickets, can
someone help me understand how to go about fixing my mistake ?

Thanks for all the help and a great product,
    Andre

--
Andre Sachs
IT Architect, Clue Technologies PTY (LTD)
email: andre at clue.co.za