[rt-users] Oracle Errors

Shawn Plummer plummer at geneseo.edu
Mon Jan 23 20:58:49 EST 2006

I have been trying to install RT the past few days and have run into
a few issues with it and Oracle. I am installing it on CentOS 4.1,
and Oracle 10G release1, and RT 3.5.7. The software installed just
fine but when I run the intialize DB step I get this error.

[root at node86 rt3]# sbin/rt-setup-database  --action init --dba rt --
prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to
connect to your Oracle instance on localhost as rt.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has
no database
password, just press return.

Password:
Now creating a database for RT.
...skipped as rt is not rt or we're working with Oracle.
Now populating database schema.
Creating database schema.
Problem with statement:

CREATE SEQUENCE OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDS_seq
ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object (DBD ERROR:
error possibly near <*> indicator at char 18 in '

CREATE SEQUENCE <*>OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDS_seq') at sbin/rt-setup-database
line 212.

Looking at the database reveals it has created some entries up to
this error...

So, I read in the archives this entry http://lists.bestpractical.com/
pipermail/rt-users/2005-October/034857.html
. It suggested running the create schema manually which I did. But
that gives some errors too.

CREATE SEQUENCE OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDS_seq
                 *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

CREATE TABLE ObjectCustomFields (
              *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

CREATE SEQUENCE OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDVALUES_seq
                 *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "Content            V..." - rest
of line ignored.
SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "LargeConte..." - rest of line
ignored.
SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "ContentTyp..." - rest of line
ignored.
SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "ContentEnc..." - rest of line
ignored.
SP2-0044: For a list of known commands enter HELP
and to leave enter EXIT.
SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "Creator            N..." - rest
of line ignored.
SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "Created            D..." - rest
of line ignored.
SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "LastUpdate..." - rest of line
ignored.
SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "LastUpdate..." - rest of line
ignored.
SP2-0044: For a list of known commands enter HELP
and to leave enter EXIT.
SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "Disabled   N..." - rest of line
ignored.
SP2-0042: unknown command ")" - rest of line ignored.
CREATE INDEX ObjectCustomFieldValues1 ON ObjectCustomFieldValues
(Content)
                                          *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

CREATE INDEX ObjectCustomFieldValues2 ON ObjectCustomFieldValues
(CustomField,ObjectType,ObjectId)
                                          *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Can I just ignore these errors? are they indicative of some other
larger issue?

Thanks for any help!

Shawn Plummer
Systems Manager
CIT SUNY Geneseo
"The mind can make substance, and people planets of its own with
beings brighter than have been, and give a breath to forms which can
outlive all flesh." -Lord Byron