[rt-users] Quick Ticket Create customization

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 26 14:09:52 EST 2006

At Thursday 1/26/2006 01:49 PM, Shawn Plummer wrote:
>Good afternoon!
>
>         Does anyone know if the expanded quick ticket creation, that can be
>seen on the material at MITs RT page, is standard option that you can
>enable somewhere or if it their own custom code?
>
>         I really like how it allows you to enter a requester and Queue at
>creation time and takes you to the full ticket editing screen. It
>seems a very common thing people would want to do.

Hello Shawn,

We didn't write this up on the wiki so it's not available anywhere - here's
what we did.

1) To get the requestor entry field, we added this code to
/Elements/QuickCreate just before the Subject table element:

name="Requestors"></font>

2) To get this action to go to the ticket create screen, we modified
/index.html. In the %INIT section, near the top, we replaced this code:

if ($ARGS{'QuickCreate'} ) {
     my $ticket = RT::Ticket->new($session{'CurrentUser'});
     my ($tid, $trans, $tmsg) = $ticket->Create(Queue => $ARGS{'Queue'},
                     Owner => $ARGS{'Owner'},
                     Subject => $ARGS{'Subject'});

     push (@results, $tmsg);
}

with this:

if ($ARGS{'QuickCreate'} ) {
     $m->comp("/Ticket/Create.html", %ARGS);
     return();
}

These mods are based on RT 3.4.2.

Steve

>Thanks
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Shawn Plummer
>Systems Manager
>CIT SUNY Geneseo
>"The mind can make substance, and people planets of its own with
>beings brighter than have been, and give a breath to forms which can
>outlive all flesh." -Lord Byron

>Be sure to check out the RT Wiki at http://wiki.bestpractical.com
>
>Download a free sample chapter of RT Essentials from O'Reilly Media at
>http://rtbook.bestpractical.com
>
>WE'RE COMING TO YOUR TOWN SOON - RT Training in Amsterdam, Boston and
>San Francisco - Find out more at
>http://bestpractical.com/services/training.html

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)