[rt-users] RT + Apache2 + factCGI - (Virtual Hosts)

Bob Goldstein bobg at uic.edu
Thu Jan 26 17:46:08 EST 2006

>RT v3.4.5
>Apache 2.0.58
>fastCGI
>MySQL 4.1.x
>
>Has anybody set up RT without virtual hosts?
>
>I'd like to host RT on my web server, but cannot get fastCGI to work without
>using virtual hosts.
>
>Has anybody had any luck with this?

   Yes, although I use apache 1.3.x, never tried 2.

   I have multiple instances, each with it's own fcgi process(es).
   The urls are like:

   helpdesk.uic.edu/accc
   helpdesk.uic.edu/com

and my conf file has:

Alias /accc/NoAuth/images/ /usr/local/rt/production/share/html/NoAuth/images/
FastCgiServer /usr/local/rt/production/bin/mason_handler_accc.fcgi -initial-env RT_INSTANCE_PATH=/usr/local/rt/accc -processes 7 -idle-timeout 60
ScriptAlias /accc /usr/local/rt/production/bin/mason_handler_accc.fcgi

(Obviously some of this is particular to my install.  The point is
that I use a ScriptAlias directive to translate a url into
connecting to a given fcgi process.

HTH
   bobg