[rt-users] RT Cleverness

Rick Russell rickr at rice.edu
Fri Jan 27 15:55:14 EST 2006

After using RT for a year, I just noticed something clever that was not
obvious.

When you post a Reply or Comment, you can modify the recipients at the
bottom of the screen using the checkboxes and the "Save Changes" button.
I just realized that the changes you make here are _permanent_ until you
revert them, meaning that you can "squelch" a someone out of the
conversation until you're ready to include them again.

I'd seen the documentation for the squelch list in the API, but I didn't
know that it was being used (and saved with the ticket) for this purpose.

Anyway, that's very clever. My only complaint is that the button at the
bottom should be named "Save E-mail Recipients" or something, because a
lot of our technical staff will get confused and hit the Save Changes
button instead of the Update Ticket button.

--
Rick Russell
For computer help, call xHELP (x4357 or 713-348-4357)