[rt-users] dedicated perl install

Scott Courtney scott at 4th.com
Tue Jan 31 15:56:07 EST 2006

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 11:10, Les Mikesell wrote:
> You could install a different copy, but RHEL4 has a suitable
> version and just needs a lot of extra modules that should
> not break anything else. The only one you might be concerned
> about is HTML::Mason.

The other one thing you should be concerned about is RHEL's updates that
broke weak references in the Perl interpreter, thereby breaking the CPAN
module Tree::Simple, which in turn broke the module DBIx::SearchBuilder,
which in turn broke RT.

For want of a nail, the shoe was lost. For want of a shoe, the horse...well,
you get the idea.

Scott