[rt-users] User's Owned Tickets show incorrect URL string forsubject

Gilmar Santos Jr gilmarsantosjr at safernet.org.br
Wed Jul 5 16:56:10 EDT 2006

The search results are displayed at /rt/Search/Results.html. Looking the
<rt-instalation-path>/html/Search/Results.html source code we find out
that the component used to display the results is /Elements/TicketList.
In this component there's a call to other in order to display the row,
but this action is governed by the $Format variable. That can be passed
to the component or use the $RT::DefaultSearchResultFormat default.

So, in the RT_Config.pm there must be a Set($DefaultSearchResultFormat,
<something>), and actually there is! :-)
The value I can se here is:

"
Set ($DefaultSearchResultFormat, qq{
   '<B><A
HREF="$RT::WebPath/Ticket/Display.html?id=__id__">__id__</a></B>/TITLE:#',
   '<B><A
HREF="$RT::WebPath/Ticket/Display.html?id=__id__">__Subject__</a></B>/TITLE:Subject',
   Status,
   QueueName,
   OwnerName,
   Priority,
   '__NEWLINE__',
   '',
   '<small>__Requestors__</small>',
   '<small>__CreatedRelative__</small>',
   '<small>__ToldRelative__</small>',
   '<small>__LastUpdatedRelative__</small>',
   '<small>__TimeLeft__</small>'});
"

The first two lines are responsible for the first two columns, ticket id
and subject. They will work if the WebPath is set correctly in my
RT_SiteConfig.pm, and for me they work.

But RT allows users to customize the search format display (it's a per
user configuration), and it may be the problem's source.
If it is, then these configurations must be deleted. (DELETE FROM
Attributes WHERE Name = 'SearchDisplay', in MySQL, may in PostgreeSQL
too, but i'm not sure :) ). Use this with caution, *all* user's
SearchDisplay will be deleted and the default (set in RT_Config.pm, or
overridden in RT_SiteConfig.pm) used.

By the way, I'm using RT 3.6.

--
Gilmar Santos Jr