[rt-users] 'Approval' feature of RT - usage?

levensen levensen at kessler.com
Wed Jul 5 20:28:26 EDT 2006

Hello - I have looked in the regular .html docs for a description of
'Approval' mechanism, and then the wiki, which did actually describe
Approval (good thing!) - as I understand now, 'Approval' is a queue
that one has to create, and then generate tickets based on the event
of a new ticket created which should require approval for
resolution.  The 'approval' tickets can be generated using a template
one creates, triggered on the action 'create ticket'.
   I understand that since RT already has the mechanism for linking
tickets, auto-creating a new 'approval' ticket effectively blocks
someone from resolving a ticket (in some other queue) without
resolving the 'approval'.   Is that the intended use and meaning of
'Approval', or is there another way this is meant to be configured?
thanks,
l. evensen