[rt-users] Hardware upgrade v3.0.10 to 3.60

Timothy Smith tsmith at loc.gov
Fri Jul 7 09:34:16 EDT 2006

>>> "Tony Graziano" <tgraziano at myitdepartment.net> 07/07/06 9:22 AM >>>
> I'm guessing I have to do at least "two" steps to make the database
> upgrade from 3.0.10 to 3.6.0?

As per the README:
-----
     You may also need to update RT's database.  To find out, type:
       ls etc/upgrade
     For each item in that directory whose name is greater than
     your previously installed RT version, run:
       /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action schema \
           --datadir etc/upgrade/<version>
       /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action acl \
           --datadir etc/upgrade/<version>
       /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action insert \
            --datadir etc/upgrade/<version>
-----
Since all version numbers in etc/upgrade in the 3.6.0 distribution are greater than 3.0.10, run the above commands aganst each of the directories sequentially in order of increasing version number. You do not need to download any versions of RT older than the current release. Backing up first is a good idea.

This does seem to confuse a lot of people; perhaps new documentation is in order?

Tim Smith