[rt-users] Custom Fields / Transaction Custom Fields in Scrips

Mike Coakley mcoakley at managedbusiness.com
Fri Jul 7 15:51:45 EDT 2006

Travis,

I can use standard CF fields in a transaction BUT I'm having a problem with
Transactional Custom Fields. When I submit a new ticket or comment/reply on
a ticket the Transactional Custom Fields don't appear to be accessible
through a Scrip. Standard Global or Queue based Custom Fields are just fine.

So if you are referring to Transactional Custom Field in your reply then I
don't know what is wrong because my code that basically does what yours does
(i.e. $self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue) doesn't work so I have no
idea what could be the problem.

Thanks,

--
Mike Coakley
Managed Business

> [...]
> unless($self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('spires-difficulty'));
>

> user def Action prep:
> my $diff=$self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('spires-difficulty');
> my $te=60;
> if ($diff eq 'Small'){
> $te=400;
> }
> if ($diff eq 'Medium'){
> $te=1600;
> }
> if ($diff eq 'Big'){
> $te=6400;
> }
> $self->TicketObj->setTimeEstimated($te);
>

> Note that I'm accessing the CF value by name.  This CF is single valued so
> FirstCustomFieldValue works fine.
>
> Perhaps this is close to what you need?
>

> Travis C. Brooks
> SPIRES Scientific Databases Manager
> Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
> http://www.slac.stanford.edu/spires
>
> On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Mike Coakley wrote:
>
>> Hello all...
>>
>> In further attempts to get this working I've done the following:
>>
>> 1. I upgraded to RT 3.6.0. Upgrade went smooth but this still does not work.
>>
>> 2. In further research I found an article in the archives that stated that
>> this was a known issue back in the 3.4 timeframe basically stating the the
>> Transaction Custom Fields don't get populated until after the scrips are
>> run. There was a patch file available through the archives but this patch
>> file also did not fix my issue.
>>
>> So, I'm wondering if anyone has any further help or places I can look.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> Mike Coakley
>> Managed Business
>> http://www.managedbusiness.com
>> http://my.managedbusiness.com
>> Voice - 973-252-0770 x2100
>> Fax - 973-252-1797
>>

>>> From: Mike Coakley <mcoakley at managedbusiness.com>
>>> Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 16:02:42 -0400
>>> To: <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
>>> Conversation: Custom Fields / Transaction Custom Fields in Scrips
>>> Subject: [rt-users] Custom Fields / Transaction Custom Fields in Scrips
>>>
>>> I'm trying to write a custom condition that will trigger every time a
>>> transaction custom field is updated that will update other custom fields.
>>> The idea is to keep track of time in a better way.
>>>
>>> So I have 2 custom fields: Billable Time and Non-Billable Time. These are
>>> attached to a ticket. I can easily manually update these fields. I also have
>>> two Transaction based custom fields: TRANS Billable Time and TRANS
>>> Non-Billable Time. I want to have a condition that fires when the "TRANS*"
>>> fields get updated. Then when the condition is fired the action will be to
>>> update the Billable Time and Non-Billable Time field appropriately.
>>>
>>> I've been doing some debugging within the Scrip condition and it appears the
>>> condition gets tested twice during a "comment" (haven't worked on reply
>>> yet). BUT I don't see the transaction custom field values so my condition
>>> fails. So I'm either not retrieving the transaction custom field values