[rt-users] Custom Fields / Transaction Custom Fields in Scrips

Brooks, Travis C. travis at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Jul 7 15:44:31 EDT 2006

The following works in RT3.6, both on creation, and on change of the CF.

user def Condition:
return(undef) if ($self->TicketObj->TimeEstimated);
return(undef)
unless($self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('spires-difficulty'));

user def Action prep:
my $diff=$self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('spires-difficulty');
my $te=60;
if ($diff eq 'Small'){
$te=400;
}
if ($diff eq 'Medium'){
$te=1600;
}
if ($diff eq 'Big'){
$te=6400;
}
$self->TicketObj->setTimeEstimated($te);

Note that I'm accessing the CF value by name.  This CF is single valued so
FirstCustomFieldValue works fine.

Perhaps this is close to what you need?

Travis C. Brooks
SPIRES Scientific Databases Manager