[rt-users] Hardware upgrade v3.0.10 to 3.60

Brooks, Travis C. travis at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Jul 7 21:21:48 EDT 2006

I got the exact same error today when installing RTFM, which has a similar
database setup procuedure.  I think perhaps I should have run ./configure
with some other options, but I fixed the problem as follows:

    *  Needed to make the following change in their
inc/Module/Install/RTx/Factory.pm:

  my @args = (
        "-Ilib", "-I$lib_path",
        "$RT::SbinPath/rt-setup-database",
        "--action"      => $action,
        "--datadir"     => "etc",
        "--datafile"    => "etc/initialdata",
        "--dba"         => $RT::DatabaseUser,
        "--dba-password" => $RT::DatabasePassword,    #<- Tcb added this line-otherwise password rejected
    );

After that it read the pw as well as the account from the RT_SiteConfig
file and everything worked.

Travis

Travis C. Brooks
SPIRES Scientific Databases Manager