[rt-users] GD dependency on RT 3.6.0

Shannon Adams shannon_adams68 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 11 09:29:27 EDT 2006

I'm trying to install RT 3.6.0 on FC5.  I have all the
dependencies installed except GD.

GD ...MISSING
GD::Graph ...MISSING
GD::Text ...MISSING

I've tried:
perl -MCPAN -e shell
install (and force) GD

I get:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfontconfig

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [blib/arch/auto/GD/GD.so] Error 1

  /usr/bin/make  -- NOT OK

Running make test

  Can't test without successful make

Running make install

  make had returned bad status, install seems
impossible
Failed during this command:

  LDS/GD-2.34.tar.gz                           : make
NO

Can someone lead me through loading this dependency
manually?

Thanks,
Shannon