[rt-users] Discrepancy in Ticket count and Next / Previous page links on Search->Display page

Himanshu Agrawal himanshua at cybage.com
Thu Jul 13 05:45:46 EDT 2006

After performing a search, the results page displays 'Found X Tickets'
as heading. This count includes tickets for which the user does not have
'Show Ticket' rights.

To reproduce:
1. Create a user (say TestUser) and a queue (say TestQueue) such that
TestUser has rights only in TestQueue.
2. Create a ticket in TestQueue, say Test Ticket.
3. Perform a search - Queue = 'TestQueue'

The Ticket count displayed in heading will not match the actual number
of tickets displayed on results page. Also, as TestQueue contains only a
single ticket, so Next and Previous page links should not be visible.

I am not proficient in Perl and could not infer much from
rt3/share/html/Search/Results.html and
rt3/share/html/Elements/ListActions scripts. Please point me right
direction.

I'm using RT 3.4 on Linux RedHat 9 with Apache 2 and Perl 5.8.8.

Thanks and regards,
Himanshu Agrawal