[rt-users] 3.6.0 speed improvements

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 14:45:06 EDT 2006

On 7/17/06, Vivek Khera <vivek at khera.org> wrote:

> On Jul 14, 2006, at 6:29 AM, Niels Huylebroeck wrote:
>
> >> # in httpd.conf
> >> KeepAlive On
> > I've now also turned this on, thanks for the heads-up hadn't noticed
> > this before (I run Centos 4.3 and it's disabled by default too)
>
> You absolutely 100% don't want to do this on a busy public web site,
> especially one behind a stateful firewall.  Many web clients open up
> multiple connections simultaneously and you then end up with a bunch
> of servers in keepalive state, where they could be helping others.

I understand. In my case it isn't (and it's set to only 15 seconds),  and
the caching works well for the other 15 static files, so keepalive is not
required in the general case with caching turned turned on.

for a small load internal application, you won't notice the difference.

--
Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge