[rt-users] Search on merged ticket differs between 3.4.5 & 3.6.0

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 17 18:27:32 EDT 2006

Barry,

	Not to say 3.6.0 is perfect, but we like the current design as far as
merged tickets. If we have merged the two (using your example of #100
and #200), then #100 really should never be looked at anyway, other than
what was originally appended to #200. We really don't want anyone
looking at #100 anymore, ever. It is old, has been merged into another
ticket and, therefore, is not relevent to any further research or
discussion among anyone in our organization and we never want it
referred to either. We want everyone to refer to the ticket that is
active and being worked on.  We feel that is consistent with the
decision to merge them in the first place. Anything else could get
confusing, like one person referring to #100 while another is referring
to #200 in an E_mail conversation. It opens the door to miscommunication
and communication is hard enough without opening the door to confusion.
But hey, that's just our opinion and how we like it. Everyone has there
preferences.

Kenn
LBNL