[rt-users] Search on merged ticket differs between 3.4.5 & 3.6.0

Barry L. Kline blkline at attglobal.net
Tue Jul 18 09:27:29 EDT 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 17:27, Kenneth Crocker wrote:

> So what is the appropriate response for someone who has gotten
> an email with the original number and wants to follow up but
> someone else has merged it?  How does that person referring
> to #100 catch up? Merging it usually doesn't make the problem
> go away.

Hi Les.

That is my EXACT problem.  We have some queues where the admins get
paged with a ticket.  Let's say that ticket #200 is created and the
admins get paged.  One of them decides that 200 needs to be merged into
100 (for whatever reason).  The other admins look at the queue, can't
find 200 anymore and have no idea what happened to it.  Was it deleted?
 Was it merged?  All they end up doing it wasting time trying to find
200.

I suppose I could write a scrip to send a notification when a ticket is
merged, but then I'd have to listen to the complaints of excessive pages.

Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

Barry