[rt-users] bugreport rt 3.6: search in merged tickets

Barry L. Kline blkline at attglobal.net
Tue Jul 18 11:37:37 EDT 2006

Jesse Vincent wrote:

> It should be the case that searching for the old ticket number will get
> you the new ticket.

Hi Jesse.

I started a thread about this very thing.  When you say "searching for
the old ticket number" do you mean in the search box at the top?  If so,
then no, the ticket does not come up.   The example I used was this:

Say I have an existing ticket, #100.  Some time later someone else opens
a new ticket (#200) that we determine to be the same thing as #100, so
we merge 200 back into 100.

In 3.4.5 we could key 200 or 100 into the search box and get the
information.  In 3.6.0, we can only key 100 to get to the ticket.  Is
that working as designed?

Thanks!

Barry