[rt-users] 3.6 continual re-login issue [A Fix!]

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 19 10:10:13 EDT 2006

At Wednesday 7/19/2006 05:17 AM, Roy El-Hames wrote:
>Just a thought for many that have this issue ..do they have ssl
>enabled?? My colleague suggested its a certain combination of
>mod_ssl and dbd-mysql that maybe causing this issue..
>Roy

We are using SSL - haven't tested it with a non-SSL setup. (We are
also using Solaris, Oracle 9i, fastcgi, RT 3.4.2, Apache 1.3.26).

One work-around that seems to work - if I specify the username and
password as part of the URL, the problem seems to go away. I'd be
interested to hear if others have the same result.

https://our.rt/?user=myusername&pass=mypassword

I had thought I could modify the login dialog to use an HTTP GET
rather than a POST to emulate this - however this doesn't seem to
work. I'm trying to figure out the difference between the request
sent by a GET form submission and that sent by specifying the data in
the URL, but unfortunately I can't peek at the network packets,
because they're encrypted. Does anyone know of a Firefox add-on or
feature that allows display of SSL HTTP requests as they're sent out?

Other information about my experience of this problem:

Does not occur at all with Opera. It happens with MSIE, Firefox
(WIndows) and Safari (Mac).

Does not occur at all on our 'development' box. This is a Linux,
Oracle 9i, mod_perl, RT 3.4.2, Apache 1.3.33 setup.

Thanks,
Steve