[rt-users] Question about LdapOverlay and Windows Active Directory

eric.valor at daimlerchrysler.com eric.valor at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Jul 21 18:19:35 EDT 2006

Dario:

If you're using Jim's LDAPUserLocalOverlay
(http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?LdapUserLocalOverlay) then just m
ake sure you have the user's email set in the email field of their LDAP
record ("E-mail" in the Active Directory user's properties, in the
"General" tab).  When an email address sends a request to RT it is sought
for in the AD records.  If found, an account is generated in RT and
afterwards that user can then log in via the web interface.

We had to go back and enter in our users' email addies to their AD records
prior to rolling out RT.

--
Eric N. Valor
Information Technology Manager
eric.valor at daimlerchrysler.com
1510 Page Mill Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304
CIMS 931-00-00
650-845-2536

: This Space Intentionally Left Blank :

Dario Luis Coneglian Oliveros <oliveros at cpqd.com.br>
07/21/2006 03:02 PM

eric.valor at daimlerchrysler.com
cc
rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject
Re: [rt-users] Question about LdapOverlay and Windows Active Directory

Hi Eric,
First, thanks for the info.
FYI I am using Jim Meyer's contribution as well. It's really great.
Regarding user auto creation, I thought this could be done thru web :-(
Any tips on how to create user account via email ? I would appreciate any
info on that.
Thanks,
Dário

eric.valor at daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

Dario:

I forget the contribution you are using, but if you are using the Meyer
contribution (my personal favorite.. cheers Jim!), a user must first send
an email which will then initiate RT account generation.

I think Jim is working on another overlay to autocreate on web login, but
I'll let him comment on that.  If you're not using the Meyer code, might I
suggest doing so since Jim is actively maintaining it and he is good about
responding to questions.  I've been using it on my production system here
(don't tell Corporate!) for the past few months and it's been solid
(disclaimer: currently under 100 users with 5 queues).