[rt-users] EditCustomFieldsOnUpdate does not work anymore

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Tue Jul 25 11:05:01 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 11:17:30AM +0200, Koopmann, Jan-Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> looks like the callback based solution described here
>
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?EditCustomFieldsOnUpdate
>
> does not work anymore. The custom fields are displayed correctly on Update.html. If I change values and do not put anything in the correspondence/comments field, press save changes, all custom field changes are processed without problems. If I however enter text in the correspondence field and then save changes all that happens is "message recorded" and the custom field values stay untouched.
>
> Any ideas?

I found the problem. At the bottom of Display.html a redirect
was added before the callback that EditCustomFieldsOnUpdate
is trying to use to update the CFs. If the callback was moved
above the preceeding if statement things should start working.

The callback also needs @Actions passed to it so that the CF
updates can be recorded.

-Todd