[rt-users] unable to open tickets via email

Mike Coakley mcoakley at managedbusiness.com
Tue Jul 25 21:03:28 EDT 2006

Rick,

I had this error also when setting up the mailgate. It is a documented error
in the sendmail mailing lists (and online docs I believe). Basically it
deals with the security settings in sendmail when running the sendmail smrsh
program to call an external program. This program smrsh (see man smrsh) runs
command for sendmail in a restricted shell, more specifically by default
from a single directory ­ default is /etc/smrsh. My solution was to move the
rt-mailgate program to the /etc/smrsh directory and ensure that the user
running the sendmail system owns the rt-mailgate program.

Works for me.

Thanks,

--
Mike Coakley