[rt-users] RT-3.6.x and SavedSearches on the frontpage

Joop van de Wege JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Wed Jul 26 09:47:57 EDT 2006

Hello All,

I have been looking at modifying the RT startpage and noticed that I can
only place RT saved searches on it. I have been using RTFM (svn version)
and AT-1.2.3 as well and have also saved searches in those. I saw in the
database that they are labelled differently and that explains why I
can't select them for the homepage. Not to mention that the search URL
is different between systems.
I looked at Build.html but there are no callbacks in that file at all so
besides modifying the whole file there is no way to put other then
ticket searches on the homepage ;-((

Are there any plans to change this? or am I the first to notice this and
would find it a very useful addition.

I just noticed that a saved search from RTFM will show up in MyRT.html
as selectable but on the frontpage it will show 0 articles. Same problem
ofcourse, wrong URL.
http://localhost/rt3/Search/Results.html?Query=&args=HASH(0xddad45c)&SearchType=Article&Format=
instead of
http://rt36.mococo.nl:82/rt3/RTFM/Search/Results.html?Query=&args=HASH(0xddad45c)&SearchType=Article&Format=
not to mention that args=HASH is not correct.

Looks like quite a bit of work needs to be done to get this working.

Joop

--
Joop van de Wege <JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl>