[rt-users] repeating email request...

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Jul 26 16:58:48 EDT 2006

Rueben,

	If the RT ticket number is different each time it repeats, then we just
had the same problem this morning. Our mailgate and mailserver, et al
were fine. Our problem had to do with the way a person responds to the
E_mail. We instruct our users to be sure that the RT ticket number is
referenced in the subject line so replies to an RT E_mail has a
reference to the existing ticket and won't try to create a new one. We
also tell them that if they are gonna respond "reply all" with RT in the
"CC" or "To" fields, that RT will create another ticket. We are also
thinking that if a person responding DID have the RT Ticket number in
the E_mail subject line, but did not have the "ReplyToTicket" authority
for the Queue where the referenced ticket, that RT will also create
another ticket. The last reason is still up in the air for us. Anyone?

Kenn
LBNL