[rt-users] CommandByMail RT Extension

Joe Auty jauty at indiana.edu
Thu Jun 1 16:03:26 EDT 2006

Hi,

I was working with Jesse Vincent on this, but decided to contact the
list with this question since not only might I find an answer here,
but this answer might be useful to others too...

I'd like to use this extension as a means of parsing out custom field
information sent to the queue address by a script. Extension can be
downloaded here:

http://search.cpan.org/~jesse/RT-Extension-CommandByMail-0.02/lib/RT/
Extension/CommandByMail.pm

I'm trying to

1) verify I have installed this extension correctly, and
2) verify its intended usage

I've added the line:

@MailPlugins = qw(Auth::MailFrom Filter::TakeAction);

to my RT_SiteConfig.pm file, compiled and installed the extension
with no problem, applied the patch with no problems either, and
finally restarted Apache. RT came up fine, but according to the
System Configuration page neither your Extension nor Auth::MailFrom
was loaded... Should this page list CommandByMail, and if so, any
advice on how I can track down this problem?

I'm assuming that once the extension is loaded, I would simply have
to add a line like this somewhere in my message body for this to work?

> CF.{CUsername}: jauty
>
> hello

(in this example, this would set CustomField "Username" with the
value "jauty"?)

Is this the intended usage here?

Joe Auty
UITS Messaging