[rt-users] Fwd: RT LDAP

Ole Craig ocraig at stillsecure.com
Tue Jun 6 21:23:11 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 18:07 -0700, Jim Meyer wrote:
[...]
> I think it's supposed to be "sAMAccountName", but I don't know if
> Windows Active Directory is case sensitive or not.
[...]

Some quick experimentation with ldapsearch says it's not, but (based on
some fairly painful experience troubleshooting one of our products that
includes user import from LDAP as an option) I suspect you want
"organizationalPerson" as the object class; "sAMAccountName" is usually
an attribute of an organizationalPerson object.

--
/Ole Craig
Security Engineer

303-381-3802 (main support hotline)