[rt-users] rt as secondary website

Justin R Findlay justin at jfindlay.us
Mon Jun 12 14:54:58 EDT 2006

I have a server that I would like to get rt running on but I've come to
a couple of problems that I can't resolve myself.  The machine is CentOS
4.3 and I've followed the install guide for RHEL4 and have everything
installed and ready except I can't figure out how to get to the web
interface.  I thought I could run it under the html document tree of one
of the virtual hosts on the box (that we control) but I can't seem to
get rt to work on a URL like http://www.example.com/path/to/rt3 and I
can't clobber the site already running on http://www.example.com.

Another option I've thought of is to run rt on the domain name of the
server, http://host.net, but the websites we host (say
http://www.website.com) in the interest of having a signed cert for
their secure web pages host them on the server's DN:
https://host.net/~website.com/secure/index.html and I don't want to
interfere with this.

I hope this makes enough sense to be understandable.  I'm sure there's a
way to do it.  I'm just not versed with apache and WWW enough to know
how to proceed.

Justin