[rt-users] The "fsck.com-rt-" URI scheme

Philip Kime pkime at Shopzilla.com
Mon Jun 12 16:53:14 EDT 2006

Well I think it's supposed to allow you to have custom URI schemes so
that you could, for example, have custom resolver code for a certain
scheme that might even pull in data from external sources or do special
things to certain Tickets etc. the default scheme for tickets results in
URIs like this

fsck.com-rt://$RT::Organization/ticket/<id>

It's the "fsck.com-rt" part which is hard-coded in as the default. If
you look in the DB table "Links", you'll see. I think that this scheme
thing is very nice idea but I would have thought that the default would
be better left at just "rt" so URIs would default to:

rt://$RT::Organization/ticket/<id>

But as JV has said - it might well break things for people to change
this. I have played around a little and have worked out how to change
the default without, so far, breaking anything as there are two ways of
approaching this:

* Create an "rt" scheme and make this the default for all new tickets.
This doesn't seem to break anything since the "fsck.com-rt" scheme is
still there, just not the default any more.
* Create an "rt" scheme and go through the Links table in the DB and
change all "fsck.com-rt" scheme links to "rt". Then remove the
"fsck.com-rt" scheme. This would be tidier and I suspect it wouldn't
break anything either.

The issue would be, do you have any code/modifications which depend on
"fsck.com-rt" being the default? I don't so I may move to an "rt" scheme
wholesale.

The patches to do this are simple and I can post them if there is any
interest.

PK