[rt-users] Persistent Sessions

Stefan Lesicnik glug2005 at lsd.za.com
Tue Jun 13 05:58:44 EDT 2006

> Stefan -
>         Sounds like maybe a cookie issue? I had a similar problem at one
> point, which turned out to be a combination of
>       * the presence of a couple of firefox settings and
>       * the absence of anything like a mind on my part.
>
> (I'm hoping the latter condition was temporary. :-)
>
>         Under the "privacy" tab of Firefox's preferences dialogue, I had
> set "allow sites to set cookies...UNLESS I have removed cookies set by
> the site." During a troubleshooting session, I had explicitly removed a
> cookie set by RT (because I thought I was getting a cached login.)
> Because I had explicitly removed a cookie set by my RT site, firefox
> wasn't setting any more cookies from them. Thus, I would get this
> behavior (my actions parenthesized):
>
>      1. login page displayed
>      2. (enter uname/pw)
>      3. login to RT accepted, RT-at-a-glance page displayed
>      4. (click on a ticket, say #1234)
>      5. login page displayed
>      6. (mutter, grumble, enter uname/pw)
>      7. login to RT accepted, ticket #1234 displayed
>      8. (click on basics)
>      9. login page displayed
>     10. (howl, curse, excessive keyboard abuse while entering uname/pw)
>     11. login to RT accepted, basics for #1234 displayed
> [ &etcetera ad frustratiam ]
>
>         When I unset firefox's "unless I have removed cookies set by
> this site" preference, the problem went away.

Heya,

Thanks for the responses.

I've had a look at the cookies. I receive a cookie from the server.
Everything seems to be ok. So i don't think is cookie related. I also as
per suggestion tried Opera which didn't make any difference, still just
logs me out after choosing any menu item. Specifying
?user=username&pass=password in the url seemed to help, although its not
a permanent fix.

Further to test, i moved the server from mod_perl to mod_fastcgi and the
same problem occurs. I also installed rt 3.4.4 and its the same problem.

So i guess i'm pretty lost. Perhaps I will try move back a few apache
version. Currently running Apache-2.0.55.

If anyone has any other bright ideas, willing to try anything. I could
possibly also arrange access to the machine if anyone feels like looking.

Thanks

Stefan