[rt-users] How to for RT3.0.12 on Solaris 10 sparc

rjansen at vub.ac.be rjansen at vub.ac.be
Thu Jun 15 17:57:22 EDT 2006

> Im trying to install RT3.0.12 on a new server (migrating from a old
> server to a new server. ) Can anyone tell me where there is a how to
> on doing this on Solaris 10 sparc ? Due to the database being
> different between versions of RT Id like to stay with RT3.0.12
>
> thank you
>
> - --
> - --
> Brent

IMHO, if you want to sandbox the new RT installation, I'd stick with the
packages from www.blastwave.org.
There 's the "rt" package which you install with blastwave's "pkg-get" and
all dependencies (a lot, like: perl and RT's required modules, apache,
mysql etc,...) get automagically installed.

I opted for a semi-automatic installation, because I already had a mysql
running and wanted an apache2 also.

Blastwave's RT packages version is 3.4.5. But retrograding should be simple.

On RT's wiki there's also a howto (article on bigadmin at Sun's site) if
you want to install manually.

My 2 cents.

Ing. Jansen Robert
Brussels University