[rt-users] mason unicode utf-8 BOM - junk in component output

Boldra paul at boldra.com
Fri Jun 16 04:20:27 EDT 2006

I've been playing around with converting some of the mason components to
utf-8, but I've found I keep getting the BOM (byte-order-marker)
displayed on the page (as two rubbish characters preceeding the
components output).  I can save files as BOMless (using ultraedit),
which seems to solve the problem, but it doesn't seem like a very
sensible solution.

Does Mason support modules in utf-8 ?  Is it a system setting (I'm using
freebsd)?  I have the mason baboon book, but I can't find anything about
unicode, utf-8 or internationalization there.  I know the po files are
utf8, but since I'm (admittedly short-signtedly) writing only for a
German-language site, I'd prefer not to have to put everything in the po
files.

Any help much appreciated.

Boldra

Greencircle