[rt-users] LDAP Custom action

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Mon Jun 19 00:58:10 EDT 2006

Hello!

On 6/18/06, George Bishop <bishopg at bu.edu> wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with writing custom actions with LDAP?  I'm
> beginning to write a custom action to query a ldap server to get
> specific information on requesters when they send a help request.  Is it
> ok to have "use Net::LDAP" in such an action, or does this need to be
> put elsewhere?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Assuming that you've already looked at the LDAP auth/info overlay
(http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?LDAP), then I don't have a lot more to
offer. However, I'm curious what sort of info and whether it could be
mapped into the RT account's "Extra Info" field, then just looked up
internal to RT rather than externally. That would also make the info
easily available to scrip actions.

Cheers!

--j
--